On July 14th, Municipal & Community Leaders To Discuss How To Fight Antisemitism At The Local Level
July 8, 2021
On July 14th, 2021, as part of the 7th Global Forum For Combating Antisemitism, organized by Israel’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Combat Antisemitism Movement (CAM) will bring together distinguished speakers to participate in a special panel session entitled ‘Eradicating Antisemitism from our Streets: Tangible Solutions to Combat Antisemitism at the Local Level’.
Panelists will include:
- Uwe Becker, Mayor of Frankfurt am Main and Chair of the Mayors Summit Against Antisemitism (Germany)
- Roko Kursar, First Deputy Mayor of Malmö (Sweden)
- Mark Gardner, CEO of the Community Security Trust (UK)
- Lindsay P. Horvath, Mayor of West Hollywood (USA)
- Sima Vaknin-Gil, Senior Advisor to CAM (Israel)
- Andy Burnham, Mayor of Greater Manchester (UK)
- Deborah Lauter, Executive Director of the New York City Office for the Prevention of Hate Crimes (USA)
- Eta Yudin, Vice President of the Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs (Canada)
- Holly Huffnagle, U.S. Director for Combating Antisemitism at American Jewish Committee
- Eric Fingerhut, President and CEO of Jewish Federations of North America
- Benjamina Karić, Mayor of Sarajevo (Bosnia & Herzegovina)
- Haim Bibas, Head of the Federation of Local Authorities in Israel
These distinguished speakers from North America, Europe and Israel will share best practices for how tackle the rise of antisemitic incidents and discourse in their communities and how to translate these into actionable solutions to prevent incidents of Jew-hatred at the local and municipal levels.
In today’s tense environment for Jewish communities around the world, municipal leaders and community stakeholders can make the most immediate and lasting impact to secure and foster Jewish life in cities around the world.
The panel will take place on July 14th, at 3:45 PM, Israel Time / 8:45 AM EDT. Register Here.