Join CAM’s Team as Spokesperson and Be Voice of Global Movement Fighting Antisemitism
The Combat Antisemitism Movement (CAM) is a non-partisan, interfaith grassroots movement of individuals and organizations from across the globe, united around the mission of ending antisemitism. CAM initiates its own projects and campaigns, and supports and highlights the work of its many partner groups, governments, and other entities trying to fight anti-Jewish bigotry. More than 355,000 individuals and 365 organizations have joined the movement.
Position: In-House Spokesperson
CAM is seeking a driven and experienced individual to join its professional staff and help amplify its messages and bring its activities to the attention of leaders, influencers, and the general public. As a young movement, we operate with a start-up mentality and are looking for an In-House Spokesperson to help us achieve our next level of growth and broaden our impact in the fight against antisemitism. Our team works collaboratively in pursuit of our ultimate goal of defeating the world’s oldest hatred.
In this role, your job will be to oversee all of CAM’s communications efforts — from the creation of a media plan through its execution; the devising and implementation of a media strategy; and the maximization of media exposure. You will be expected to initiate and lead CAM’s media efforts in the global (particularly U.S. and Europe) and Jewish realms, and react rapidly and effectively to PR opportunities as they arise.
- Form a media plan and media strategy (monthly, annually, and leveraging news events).
- Write CAM press releases, statements, and op-eds.
- Build CAM’s relationships with media outlets (i.e. with editors, reporters, opinion writers).
- Make CAM a go-to source for information for reporters and media outlets.
- Position CAM as a growing and influential interfaith, apolitical movement.
- Initiate communications activities beyond CAM’s existing workplan.
- Highlight and amplify CAM’s ongoing activities.
- Work in collaboration with the Social Media Director to develop and launch social media campaigns that generate media exposure.
- Collaborate with CAM’s partners and help coordinate joint activities.
- Experience as a Spokesperson and/or Public Relations Director.
- Knowledge of how to identify a story and generate media interest.
- Ability to work fast — as media opportunities constantly pop up.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent content-editing and writing skills.
- Comfortable with 100% remote-work.
- Familiar with the field of public diplomacy and the Jewish world.
- Flexibility on working hours required.
Terms and conditions:
- This is a remote-work position – we welcome candidates based in the United States, Europe, and Israel.
- The contract fee will be based on experience and market rate.
- Start date — by January 2022 (with an earlier start date possible).
What we offer:
- An enriching work experience in the field of public diplomacy.
- The opportunity to engage collaboratively with a diverse range of NGOs, governmental entities, diplomatic leaders, media outlets, and activists, and to play a meaningful role in reducing antisemitism and other forms of bigotry.
Please email a cover letter and resume to CAM Executive Director Sacha Roytman Dratwa ([email protected]) to be considered for this position.