Job Opportunity: CAM Is Hiring a Development Officer
The Combat Antisemitism Movement (CAM) is a global coalition engaging nearly 2 million people and 650+ organizations from a diverse array of religious, political, and cultural backgrounds in the common mission of fighting the world’s oldest hatred. We act collaboratively to build a better future, free of bigotry, for Jews and all humanity.
Position: Development Officer
- CAM is seeking an ambitious and passionate individual to join our team. The ideal candidate is a seasoned, driven, and talented fundraiser who will work closely with CAM’s advisors and senior staff to develop and execute strategic fundraising efforts. The candidate will play a vital role in identifying and raising the funding necessary to help the organization achieve its next phase of growth, and invest in existing and new programming.
- Work directly with CAM advisors and senior staff to design and implement a strategic fundraising plan; develop goals and objectives for CAM’s overall fundraising efforts
- Manage and steward existing relationships with foundations, institutions, and philanthropists, while cultivating and engaging new prospects for major gifts
- Educate donors and prospects about the mission of CAM and specific organizational initiatives
- Secure new major gifts through outreach, relationship building, face-to-face solicitation, and event follow-up
- Work with CAM’s marketing team to build grassroots digital fundraising through email, website, and social media platforms; work with marketing team to determine strategy, content and design in order to enhance fundraising materials with consistent messaging
- Maintain records of donor portfolios and evaluate progress regularly
- Master’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years fundraising experience in relevant field such as the American Jewish communal landscape, Israel advocacy, and global Jewish affairs
- Proven track record of soliciting major gifts from existing and new prospects
- Superior organizational & project management skills
- Must have experience using a database and/or CRM
- A strong commitment and passion for CAM’s mission; knowledge of antisemitism and the Jewish world.
- Experienced with face-to-face meetings with major donors & prospects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- U.S.-based, East Coast, or Washington, D.C. preferred, and comfortable with remote-work across a global team.
Terms and Conditions:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- This is a remote-work position, with hybrid opportunities in certain cities
- Some travel will be required
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position to CV@combatantisemitism.org