Join CAM’s Growing Team Fighting Antisemitism as US Media Outreach Director
The Combat Antisemitism Movement (CAM) is a global coalition engaging more than 1.5 million people and 500 organizations from a diverse array of religious, political, and cultural backgrounds in the common mission of fighting the world’s oldest hatred. CAM acts collaboratively to build a better future, free of bigotry, for Jews and all humanity.
Position: U.S. Media Outreach Director
CAM is seeking a highly-driven and talented individual to join its professional staff and help amplify its messages and bring its activities through the media to the attention of leaders, influencers, and the general public in the United States. As a young movement, we operate with a start-up mentality and are looking for a U.S. Media Outreach Director to help us achieve our next level of growth and broaden our impact in the fight against antisemitism. Our team works collaboratively in pursuit of our ultimate goal of defeating the world’s oldest hatred.
In this role, your job will be to oversee all of CAM’s communications efforts in the U.S. — from the creation of a media plan through its execution; the devising and implementation of a media strategy; the maximization of media exposure at different levels; and reacting rapidly and effectively to PR opportunities as they arise.
- Form a media plan and media strategy (monthly, annually, and leveraging news events).
- Write CAM press releases, statements, and op-eds.
- Build CAM’s relationships with U.S.-based media outlets at different levels across the country (i.e. with editors, reporters, opinion writers).
- Make CAM a go-to source for information for reporters and media outlets.
- Position CAM as a growing and influential interfaith, apolitical movement.
- Initiate communications activities beyond CAM’s existing workplan.
- Highlight and amplify CAM’s ongoing activities.
- Work in collaboration with the Social Media Director to develop and launch social media campaigns that generate media exposure.
- Collaborate with CAM’s partners and help coordinate joint activities.
- Experience in the Public Relations and/or Journalism realms.
- Knowledge of how to identify a story and generate media interest.
- Ability to work fast — as media opportunities constantly pop up.
- Mother-tongue English level with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent content-editing and writing skills.
- Comfortable with 100% remote-work.
- Familiar with the fields of public diplomacy, antisemitism, and the Jewish world.
- Flexibility on working hours required.
Terms and conditions:
- This is a remote-work position.
- The contract fee will be based on experience and market rate.
- Start date — June 2022.
What we offer:
- An enriching work experience in the field of public diplomacy.
- The opportunity to play a meaningful role in combating the rise of antisemitism, in all its contemporary, in the U.S., and engage collaboratively with a diverse range of NGOs, governmental entities, diplomatic leaders, activists, and media outlets, in the collective effort to reduce antisemitism and other forms of bigotry.
Please email a cover letter and resume to CAM CEO Sacha Roytman Dratwa ([email protected]) to be considered for this position.